You may be asking yourself, does Turo accept debit cards? The short answer is yes, but there are a few things you should know before using your debit card on Turo. In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know about using a debit card on Turo so that you can be prepared before your next trip!
Does Turo accept debit cards?
Yes, Turo does accept debit cards as a form of payment. However, there are some things that you have to take note of;
- The debit card should be in the guest’s name.
- Turo does not accept temporary debit cards.
- The card should bear a Visa or Mastercard logo and should be linked to the checking account.
- If you have a debit card from online banks, such as Chime, Ally, and others you are lucky that Turo accepts it.
- Turo accepts credit and debit cards but not prepaid cards, except for Revolut.
When you use a debit card, Turo will place a hold on your card for the estimated value of the rental car. When you return the rental car, the hold on your account will be released minus the cost of the rental.
If you use a debit card, you may be required to provide additional documentation to verify your identity. This is to protect both you and Turo from fraud.
If you have any questions about using a debit card on Turo or any other aspect of the rental process, be sure to contact customer service.
To speak with an agent by phone: US: 1-415-965-4525; available 24/7. Canada: 1-888-391-0460; available 24/7.
They will be happy to assist you.
What are Other Payment Options Accepted by Turo?
Turo also offers a few other payment options, so if you’re having trouble using a debit card, you can always try paying with a credit card, or a Revolut pre-paid card.
Turo accepts most credit cards issued by major financial institutions in the guest’s name, including American Express and Discover
Remember that Turo does not accept any other pre-paid card other than Revolut.
They also accept the following payment methods issued in the primary guest’s name:
- Apple Pay on mobile devices in all locations
- Google Pay on mobile devices in Canada and the US
Whichever payment method you choose, just make sure you have enough money available.
In case you want to use a promo code, Turo is clear that the discount applies to the price of the vehicle only.
You May Also Like // Does Turo Charge Right Away?
Can You Use Someone Else Card on Turo?
If you’re looking to use someone else’s card on Turo, you may be out of luck. Turo only accepts credit cards and debit cards from the primary account holder. This means that if you’re hoping to use a friend or family member’s card, you’ll need to have them add their card to your account and make the reservation under their name.
You May Also Like // Does Credit Card Cover Turo Rental?
How to use a debit card on Turo?
You can use a debit card to pay for your rental car on Turo. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Go to the Turo website and sign up for an account.
2. Once you’re logged in, click on the search tab and then search for a car.
3. A list of available cars will appear, and you can click on any car to view more information about it.
4. When you’ve found the perfect car, set the dates when your trip will start and end. Also, set up your pickup and return location, then click on the “Continue” button.
5. On the next page, you’ll be asked to enter your payment information, enter your debit card details (Even though it requests a credit number)
6. Enter your billing address and click the save and continue button
7. Enter your current address and click the save button and then continue to complete your booking.
Does Turo accept Paypal?
The short answer is no, Turo does not accept PayPal as a form of payment.
You May Also Like //Does Amex Cover Turo?
In conclusion, Turo does accept debit cards as a form of payment. However, there are some restrictions and requirements that come with using a debit card. Be sure to read all the fine print before using your debit card to avoid any issues.