Do you want to rent a car on Turo for someone else, but are unsure if you can? Well, you’re in luck! In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about renting a car on Turo for someone else.
Can I Rent A Car on Turo For Someone Else?
Yes, as long as you will add him/her as an additional driver. Remember that you as the primary driver(the person who owns the Turo account) have the responsibility of not only picking up and dropping off the car but also any liability in case the car is involved in an accident.
You must also note that the other person should register their own Turo account, meet all the requirements, and get approved to drive before requesting to add them to your trip.
To literally book for them and avoid the responsibilities like picking up and dropping off the Turo car, you must have the other person become a Primary driver. You must access their Turo account, and phone, and their card should have enough credit.
If you have all these essentials, you will log into their Turo account, select the best-fit car for their trip and pay using the card attached to that account. The phone is essential for receiving the Turo verification code before checkout.
Can Someone Else Drive My Turo?
Yes, you can let someone else drive your Turo, but there are a few things you need to do first.
The other person has to create a Turo account and get approved to drive before you request to add them to your trip. You should also ensure that the other person meets the age requirements for the car you have booked.
It is advisable to submit your request earlier so that you won’t get inconvenienced by the process taking longer in case additional documentation is required.
What are the Responsibilities of a Primary Driver?
- You are solely responsible for the car’s financial condition during the trip.
- You must be the one to pick up and return the car
- When your additional driver is driving your Turo Go car, you must be present at all times.
- Allowing anyone who has not been approved by Turo to drive will void your protection plan.
Turo Go technology brings a new level of convenience to car sharing whereby approved guests can book, locate, and unlock instantly accessible cars directly from the Turo app.
How Can I Add an Additional Driver on Turo?
Take these steps to request and add a driver:
- Log into the Turo website or app and open the Trips tab
- Choose Booked and open the trip you’re interested in
- Scroll down to the section labeled DRIVERS
- Tap “Add driver”
- Enter the email related to your driver’s Turo account.
To check your driver’s approval status, you will open the trip details page.
How About Turo’s additional driver fees?
Turo does not charge for additional drivers. You can add up to 8 additional drivers to your trip without any issue as long as the additional drivers have been verified by Turo.
Giving your Turo car to an unauthorized driver is prohibited by Turo. This activity may attract punishment that may include;
- Charging a violation fee
- Temporary suspension from the platform
- Loweddor or nullifying your liability coverage
- Void your protection
- Remove you from Turo
Other activities that may attract such penalties include;
- Smoking in the car
- Fueling the Turo car with the wrong type of fuel
- Making alterations or improvements to your car without approval.
- Using your Turo car to tow or push anything
- Using it in a race, test, or competition
- Engaging in excessive speeding
- Using it to transport flammable, dangerous, or illegal substances
Concluding Thoughts-(Summary of Can I Rent A Car on Turo For Someone Else?)
In conclusion, it is technically possible to rent a car for someone else by yourself becoming a primary driver then add them as additional drivers. Turo is the best way to get a car for a trip since you can choose from a variety of cars.
I hope this article has been helpful!